Thanks for stopping by!
I'm an avid writer, self-taught designer, and developing marketing professional, currently seeking out my next big life adventure. Originally from Santa Clara, California, my eagerness to explore the world outside of my sheltered hometown has led me to the sunny beaches of Southern California…for the time being—where to next is up in the air.
My passion for storytelling led me to dedicate the past four years studying Communication, English and Multimedia Professional Writing at the University of California, Santa Barbara. I constantly marvel over the unique ability of words to define and expand our worldview, and continually seek new ways to expand my creative horizons. With experience writing and producing compelling digital graphics for a wide variety of audiences and purposes, I hope to use my unique world perspective to make a mark in the world of marketing, advertising or public relations.
A glimpse into my world beyond the realm of the mouse and keyboard would reveal ample amounts of: reading, Thai food, hours spent listening to podcasts, crossword puzzles, live music, experimental baking, dogs, adventuring, puns, running, and typography.
Feel free to say hi!
Here you will find a collection of some of the work I have created using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
What started out as a mere affinity for designing aesthetically pleasing content has fostered into my love of graphic design. I have been able to consistently develop my graphic design skills throughout my time at UCSB, through my internship with Gaucho Sports Marketing and the Multimedia Writing Minor program.
Professional Writing Minor Flyer
Personal Business Card
UCSB Athletics Baseball Card Front
UCSB Athletics Baseball Card Back
Gaucho Nation Logo & T-Shirt Design
Excursion Club Business Card and Logo Re-Design
Birthday Card Based on Karl Strauss Beer Logo
Social Media Post for UCSB Women's Basketball Game
Included in this section are articles or projects I have written for various internships and courses at UCSB. The variety of the work demonstrates my ability to write for a diverse array of audiences and purposes.
Millennials Missing the Mark
Fewer employers think millennials are prepared for advancement and promotion within the workforce, despite believing these college graduates to be equipped with the skills and knowledge required for entry-level...
Adapting to the Millennial Generation
Everyday, recent college graduates and Google new-hires arrive on their first day of work expecting to rapidly achieve the fame and success of Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and the likes of great entrepreneurs...
How to Write a Sweetheart Letter
Personalized offer letters can set you apart in today’s competitive markets. Reviving the practice of writing love letters could help you when making your offer. In today’s competitive markets, it could be the difference...
Santa Barbara Animal Care Foundation: Creative Brief
Target Audience Profile: After conducting extensive marketing research through secondary sources on the Internet, the primary target audience for this campaign is determined to be “Baby Boomers” who...
What is Multimedia Communication?
Multimedia writing as a process is as interactive and involved as the very concept of multimedia is. As an audience member, there are two possible options for processing information . The first is passively seeing...
Please Don't Stop the Music: A Social Campaign for Improved Police Relations in Isla Vista
The noise ordinance that exists in Isla Vista (I.V.) is something that many students are aware of; however, many also lack a full understanding of the logistics of the law...
Throughout my time at UCSB, I have had the opportunity to go out of my comfort zone and dabble in writing video scripts, conducting interviews and video editing. Here you will find several examples of video projects I have contributed to in one way or another.
2016 UCSB Men's Soccer: Meet the Team
An interview I conducted with members of the 2016 UCSB men's soccer team at an annual pre-season event.
UCSB Men's Basketball Commercial
A commercial I wrote and starred in for a UCSB men's basketball game against UC Irvine broadcast throughout Santa Barbara County.
A brief overview of my current and past employment history, working towards a career in marketing, advertising, or public relations.
Click here for a full version of my resume.
Gaucho Sports Marketing
- Work under the Director of Marketing to assist in overseeing a staff of 15 interns
- Responsible for distributing and directing marketing projects to interns, ensuring each project is successfully and efficiently completed
- Perform innovative research in order to write, edit and organize weekly emails sent out to community members about upcoming Gaucho events
- Write and conduct series of video interviews with athletes
- Use Adobe Photoshop to create advertisements, collateral and facility designs consistent with the brand identity of UCSB Athletics
- Create and update social media posts and accounts to develop a strong online presence
- Performed extensive research and wrote informative articles about the home buying process to include in the knowledge base
- Responsible for creating a comprehensive social media schedule
- Utilized Adobe Photoshop to create visual graphics to accompany blog posts
- Worked with Mail Chimp and various other web platforms to contact potential users and investors in Home Savi
Gaucho Sports Marketing
- Developed strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop while creating various marketing and design projects
- Wrote and was featured in a series of video commercials promoting athletic events that were broadcasted throughout Santa Barbara County
- Successfully planned and marketed three UCSB Basketball games
- Responsibilities included creating advertisements, developing promotions, and community engagement to improve fan attendance
- Helped create and maintain a brand identity for UCSB Athletics
Oddball Film + Video
- Researched archival and historic footage
- Entered and maintained film, video and digital images into the database
- Learned to handle, view, preserve and repair rare and archival 16mm, 35 mm, and small gauge film
- Performed film to digital transfers by logging and using metadata procedures
- Watched short films and video clips and wrote brief and concise summaries of their contents
Listed here are a few of the courses I have taken throughout my time as a student at UCSB. These courses have given me the practical and theoretical knowledge and communication skills necessary to develop a career in the marketing, advertising and public relations fields.
-Overview of foundational principles of marketing theories and strategies
-Focused on consumer behavior, marketing research, and promotion strategies
-Culminated in development of a creative brief and promotional video for a local Santa Barbara non-profit
-Analysis and practice of news writing for print and broadcast
-Focus on inverted pyramid style, interview techniques, background research, editing, writing to deadline, and ethics
-Researched and wrote an inverted pyramid article, feature length analysis, and broadcast about millennials in the workforce
-Introduction into social marketing and how to produce change within a given community
-Based on marketing and persuasion strategies
-Culminated in a marketing plan to better relations between Isla Vista residents and police officers, which could potentially be implemented in the community
-Focuses on new modes of writing and publishing enabled by computer technology
-Analyzed, created, read about and reflected on multimedia writing.
-Projects included blog posts, podcasts and videos
GRAMMAR & STYLISTICS
-Practical and analytical approach to sentence structure and diction for professional writers and editors
-Focused on diversity of writing styles, formats and audiences
DOCUMENT DESIGN & DIGITAL PORTFOLIO PRODUCTION
-Focus on grammatical and rhetorical expertise for designing in print and digital media
-Projects included flyers, resumes, professional website, & a digital and print portfolio
Want to know more? Don't hesitate to reach out. I'd love to hear from you!